How Long Does It Take To Build A Website?
The thought of building a website can be one of the most intimidating things.
And if you’re new to the whole site building thing, then the first question you might ask is, “how long does it take to build a website?”
To be honest, it really depends on your needs, resources, and the purpose of your site overall.
There are some cases where it can take weeks to get a site up and running with everything you need.
In other cases, you can build a site in less than a minute.
Below I plan on going over each case, and giving you a better understanding of how each can affect how quickly you build your website.
And depending on the purpose of your site, I will show you where you can build your site in less than one minute.
Necessary Tools Needed To Build A Website
Building a website is almost impossible without some of these necessary tools. There are many different aspects to building a site, but the items I have listed below are pretty much the foundation to any site building project.
- Domain Name - this will be your sites address. How people will find your website online.
- Hosting Service - if the domain name is the address, then hosting is the actual house. This is where your website will live in the online space.
- Content Management System (CMS) - will allow you to customize your site the way you like.
- Support - it’s not a matter of if you will have if issues with your website, but when. Making sure you have the right site support is crucial to the development of your website.
There are a variety of different places where you could get each tool.
Some companies like Godaddy which is known for finding domain names, can also provide you with hosting.
WordPress which is very popular tool for bloggers, is great for allowing you to customize your website, but can also provide hosting as well.
The most difficult part about setting up your website is making sure all these tools work well together.
But if you keep reading, I will share with you a place where you can get everything you need in one place.
How Much Work Are You Looking To Put In? Things To Consider
There is a lot that goes into building a website. It takes a person with a vast amount of knowledge and experience to be able to understand how to build a website from scratch.
This is probably what people fear the most when considering bringing their business online. So what are the most important components when building a site?
- Coding & Functionality - build a site from scratch will take a lot of coding. Being able to put everything together in terms of structure will require a vast amount of coding knowledge. If you think you can just read about coding online to help you build a website, you’re only fooling yourself. More than likely you will have to hire someone to do this for you. This could take weeks or months even. So I would highly recommend you let a professional handle this.
- Web Design - getting your site to look the way you want it to in terms of colors and format. Unless you understand HTML, you will have a hard time making sure things like your buttons, fonts, and other features are designed correctly. Even designing logos can be a difficult task. I would recommend letting someone that is creative when it comes to design work this area. Also, in many cases, the person doing coding and the other person doing web design may need to work together to make sure things work properly on the site.
- Content Creation - if you plan on building a successful site, then having content for people to consume is crucial. I mean, how long do you think anyone would stay on a site that is empty? So when it comes to content creation, whether it be articles or videos, figuring out who will be creating your content is key. This can take up a lot of time for many site owners. You can either write the content yourself, or get others to create the content for you.
Big Business vs Blogger - The Purpose Of Your Site
One of the biggest factors in determining how long it will take to build you site, is determining what kind of site it will be.
If you’re a big business looking to get into the online world, then more than likely you won’t have time to build a site on your own.
You will be too busy managing the day to day operation of your business. So it probably makes more sense to hire a professional that can handle the task of building out your site.
If you decide to go this route, then you’re going to need a lot of money to get the best to do this for you.
Expect at least 4-6 weeks for a basic website. And if you need additional things like content, expect it to take even longer.
On the other hand, if you’re some blogger looking to share your voice to the world, more than likely you don’t have a lot of money to spend.
Therefore, you’re probably be looking to build a site on your own. As daunting a task building a site for blogging may appear, it’s not as difficult as you may think.
This is especially the case if you’re looking to make money as a blogger.
Many people think you need a fancy website in order to make money, but in reality, you can build the most basic site, and still make decent money.
Yes it does help to have a lot of bells and whistles, but it all depends on the purpose of your site.
When I started blogging, I had a very basic website theme using WordPress, and I was able to generate 5 figures a month.
Eventually I upgraded my site with better tools, but that’s because I was looking to do more advanced things with my site.
But for anyone just getting started, you can definitely be successful with a basic website.
Pros & Cons
- Saves you time
- Can look however you want it to look
- Can reflect your brand
- Can get very expensive
- Changes may take time
- Have to rely on someone else
Doing It Yourself (Using Web Builder)
- Control how it looks
- No coding knowledge is needed
- Relatively Inexpensive
- It’s fast
- Features can be limited
- Other site may have same template
- Customization may be limited
How To Build A Website In 30 Seconds!
Earlier I said I would provide you with a service that would allow you to build a website in less than a minute.
If you’re looking to avoid the stress and would rather just click a few buttons, then I would definitely recommend you take a look at Wealthy Affiliate.
There you can build 2 sites for free, and if you’re interested in upgrading, you get access to 50 sites.
As a member, they give you access to a domain name, hosting, site support, email address, and many other things.
Wealthy Affiliate is also a training platform for those that are interested in learning how to make money online with affiliate marketing.
So if you’re serious about building your very own website, then click here.